Friday, December 28, 2007

Poor but happy

One of the few websites I make time to read now is Poor
but happy
, they have a great site with lots of interesting
characters. Today they had a thread on something that is
really interesting to people living in colombia...what the heck
to do with TP when the society down here says to not flush it.
(my contribution was: "Our building was built in the 60's and I've been warned repeatedly not to flush TP, but I'm going to flush it down though the heavens fall down around me.

Which I thought was pretty clever until I saw a poem from el modefoque:

'Twas the night before New Years, and there on the can
Sat a drunken, dejected, poopless old man.
The Ex-Lax had been taken hours before bed
In hopes that the turtle would rear his brown head.
Then up from the bowl there arose such a splatter!
I sprang from the seat to see what was the matter!
And what to my wondering eyes should appear
but a brown fecal flounder swimming in recycled beer.

"At last I have shit!" I screamed at the wall.
Then flush away, flush away, flush away all.
I could now settle down to a long winter's nap.
Happy new year to all, and to all a good crappy new year.

there are obviously people down here with talent, because it was only
around 15 minutes between the time when I first saw the thread and the
poem was posted. I was reading the thread and choking with laughter.
The guy in the cubical across from me probably thinks I'm a nut.

No comments: